[READ] #Changemakers2018: A conference dedicated to great South Africans
The 4th Annual Lead SA Changemakers conference took center stage at GIBS in Illovo, Johannesburg on the 20th October 2018.
The event was jam-packed with inspirational energy, activism, motivation, laughter and tears from the audience as speakers shared personal stories of their journey.
The #Changemakers conference aimed to inspire citizens to be changemakers in their communities and country.
The theme for this year’s event was titled ‘Overcoming’ because it focused and profiled individuals who've overcome different obstacles to achieve their goals.
This year’s panel of speakers included:
- Keynote speaker, Deputy Chief Justice Raymond Zondo.
- Journalist, television presenter and radio personality Xolani Gwala
- Author, media personality, motivational speaker, social activist and entrepreneur, Itumeleng Sekhu
- Community Chest CEO, Lorenzo Angus Davids
- Editor and Chief of Eyewitness News and Chairperson for the South African National Editors Forum (Sanef) Mahlatse Mahlase, and
- Co-founder and CEO of Nova-Pioneer Education Group, Chinezi Chijioke.
One of the highlights of the event was the story of keynote speaker, Deputy Chief Justice of South Africa Raymond Zondo.
Zondo began the talk by admitting that he didn't like talking about himself, but added that he feels like he needs to.
He also spoke about 702 presenter Xolani Gwala's inspirational story.
I'm glad I was able to hear Xolani's full story because it is an amazing story.— Judge Raymond Zondo, Deputy Chief Justice of South Africa
The event kicked off at 9h30 and ended at 13h30.