Covid-19: Italians send messages to their future self - to help the rest of us
Have you ever wished you could rewind time? Have a do-over, maybe even address your younger-self on what the future holds?
A collective of artists in Italy shared a video of ordinary people addressing their past selves about the coronavirus, Covid-19 while in quarantine.
The country has been hit hard and quickly by the virus with currently 31, 506 cases and 2,501 deaths.
Watch the video below:
It is believed nations like the US, England, France, Spain and Germany are about 9-10 days behind Italy in the COVID19 progression. We asked people from all around Italy to record a message to themselves of 10 days prior.— P. Juan Armando Perez Talamantes
Participants advice varied from:
- Don't underestimate it
- Take caution and put in place the necessary measures i.e. buy masks, hand sanitizer, social distancing
The President’s directive for drastic action to flatten the spread of the virus must be heeded
- There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
- The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs
The virus has a rapid infection rate. In some instance numbers climbed from 2000 to 18000 infections with over a thousand fatalities.
- Clean your hands often
- Avoid close contact
- Stay home if you’re sick
- Wear a facemask if you are sick
- Clean and disinfect
Visit the Center for Disease Control website for more information on preventative measures or call the government COVID-19 support service on 0800 029 999. Alternatively, text "Hi" to 060 012 3456 on Whatsapp